HEMPSTEAD JUNIOR SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY
We do prefer to see pupils with certain items with a school logo, but this is not essential. Generic bottle green items or t-shirts for PE are acceptable.
All children are expected to wear uniform which consists of:
- Bottle green sweatshirt, fleece or cardigan, preferably with school logo
- Grey trousers/shorts
- Grey skirt/pinafore/culottes
- White shirt/blouse or “polo” shirt
- White or grey socks
- Black or brown sensible shoes or trainers
- For summer, green/white stripe or gingham dresses, blouses or playsuits
- In winter, grey or green tights may be worn
- Navy blue sports shorts (NOT Bermuda or cycling shorts)
- Plain coloured T-shirt, preferably with school logo, in the child's house colour (Yellow/Red/Blue).
- Plimsolls for indoors
- Plimsolls or trainers for outdoors
- Navy blue or grey tracksuits may be worn for outdoor games activities on cold days.
For reasons of appropriate dress and safety, children are not to wear make-up, nail varnish or jewellery (unless for religious reasons) in school and long hair, boys and girls, should be tied back. Extreme haircuts and colours are not permitted. Children with pierced ears should wear small silver or gold plain studs, which must be removed for all PE activities (Medway guidance).
Please label all clothing with your child’s name
Hempstead Junior School Uniform Suppliers:
School Time, 23 Railway Street, Chatham, Kent ME4 4HU, Tel: 01634 831684
However, generic items of school wear without logos are perfectly acceptable and available at most large supermarket chains.